Tuesday 18 November 2014

Rigging and Animating a Star Wars Death Star Turret


The lesson that we were going to be doing today was vital for me to learn, we were going to be animating the Death Star turret that we created on Maya and getting it to look like it was shooting rebel scum.

This idea was quite interesting to me as I do like what we are doing in Maya already but this can only further my skills and push me that little bit further into becoming a computer game designer. Also if there was any reason in the end that I chose not to go into video game design, I can easily use the skills I've learnt here to go into other directions such as animation.

The animation itself was actually quite simple, all we had to do is get all the different sections of the turret that we wanted to move and create sub groups to stick that in. We then would right click in the corner and lock each of their axis except for the one that we wanted to move.

Then all we had to do is press ctrl + S, to start recording using key frames, so when we wanted the base to move, we would rotate that, or if we wanted to slide the barrels, we would just just move them up and down, all the while pressing ctrl + S.

This is the animation that I created:


No comments:

Post a Comment