Monday 21 September 2015

Summer Project (Creating a Cyborg) - Creating the final model


I decided that with my final character I was going to use a combination of many different ideas that I had got from my concept stage. There are many different things from the concepts that I took and then I collaborated them together to get a final result.

I really liked the way that the female character came out at the concept stage, so I really wanted to have this character incorporated into the design. I also thought that the idea of like a Japanese element to the design, so this was also going to be included in the final.

Front View of my Model.
I also had to add in the cyborg element into the character. The problem with concept designs was that they did not have enough cybernetics on the characters, so throughout this model, I have tried to add as many parts to the character as possible. This is something that helps me achieve the brief.

Side View of my Model.
As you can see on the model, the right arm and leg are complete cybernetics, with minimal flesh present on those characters features. Looking back at inspiration, I felt that the cybernetics need to be different compared to the body parts and not blend in.

Back View of my Model.
The hardest part of the character was to achieve a realistic looking body and make it seem as if the cybernetics were actually connected to the body. It was good though to come back to Maya after such a long period out. I have learnt a lot coming back to this program and doing the project and am looking forward to using it again. For a first attempt at coming back, I'm fairly pleased with the way that it has gone/going so far, but there are quite a few things I need learn. I also need to make sure that I have the right version as at the moment I'm currently running on Maya 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment