Thursday 18 February 2016

3-D Art - Constructing the Assets for the Room


I made all of the models in Maya, which was something that I was completely familiar with. The whole idea behind this project was that I was to construct many different models as possible so that it could fill the room. However, I didn't want to fill it with low poly, low resolution models. The models have to look like a game assets and help add to the atmosphere. This is a case where the quality is defiantly over the quantity. I would rather have a room with a small amount of realistic looking assets in it, compared to populated room, with unrealistic models.

Pictured on this blog post, are a variety of the models that I had created for the room, as putting up every single model that would appear would make the post seem very tedious. A way that I worked around this is that I put all the models that I had create, with the room and set the scene up. This gave me a sense of what the final product will look.

Below are a selection of models that I have created in the scene and have rendered using the program "Render man". As you can see, I have put a lot of detail into the models, wanting to get them to look like actual game assets.



Blinds.

Shotgun and Door.
Below, as mentioned before, I decided that the best course of action was to create a scene that had all of the assets that I had created in the areas where I wish them to be in the scene. I am extremely happy with the way that the renders have come out and hope that when it comes to putting them into engine, It looks like this.


The Room

Shot of the T.V

From the corridor.

Out of the window.

I created a variety of assets and unfortunately could nit put a picture of every single model, so below, I constructed a list of what is going to feature in the game.

The List of assets that I created:
-sofa
-tv
-speaker
-chair x2
-can x3
-door x2
-lamp
-tarpooling
-footstoll
-box x3
-cabanit x2
-blinds x2
-bench
-Water bottles
-books x4


I am happy but I need to move onto the next stage. It may look good as a graybox but I need to add textures to it, map the objects properly and make them look good in engine. As I have a large amount to map, I need to  start on them as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment