Friday 27 February 2015

Using the Warp tool in Photoshop


Today we were told that we were going to be learning how to use the "warp" and "Scew" tool in Photoshop, something that would become extremely useful when it came to creating something that looked realistic. The first thing that we were told to do was to open the files that were given to us and used the skills that Steve had just showed us to make this piece have a texture on it.

Using the "scew" tool to wrap it around the pipe.
At first I decided that I would be using the scew tool, this meant that I could wrap this piece of texture around the pipe and make the angles look right. You can see on the pipe I have made several adjustments to it. The tool is actually really simple to use, using the the corners to adjust where the picture was going to be.

Using the warp tool to polish it.
When we selected the warp tool, We could drag the different angles and make the picture. It was especially useful as we could curve it, The best example of this was when I needed to put it on the cylinder. I could easily drag it across and make it look realistic.

The final result.
This is what I got as well as adding a layer of white on top to emphasis the shadows on the piece. The way that I have used a combination of these two tools has worked out very nicely. I'm really glad that I managed to learn this skill as I believe that it will be vital in the next few years when creating pieces of concept art.

The character is ready for the skin.
We were also given a character to skin as we were told we need to show our teacher what we had learnt had officially stuck in our head. We were given this vampire creature and as it was already made for us, all we had to do was use what we had learnt and apply it to this creature.

Example of lizard skin on the internet.
I went straight onto the internet and managed to find a image of my interpretation of what I felt the skin would look like. I wanted to give this creature a green skin and try to wrap it around his head using the tools that we had at our disposal.

The model with the finished skin on.
As you can see the way I have applied it has worked out extremely well. Using a combination of both tools and then deleting the remaining skin, it looks quite realistic. The main concern was rounding it on the characters head as its a dome shape, so you need to really see the way that scales move along at a different angle.

I am really pleased with what I have learned to day and feel that the results that I got where fantastic, I only hope to continue this trend into the next lesson and again, I am very happy that I got to learn a skill, fairly simple, but none this lesson quite important.


No comments:

Post a Comment