Tuesday 26 April 2016

AAA Asset - Returning and Adjustments


I got given the chance to return back to the triple a asset that we had constructed over the christmas period and there were some adjustments that needed to made. I found a new technique of creating color ID's, using turtle and the Lambert in Maya, which really did save me a lot of time. I then took the high poly and low poly into xNormal and that had it ready to bake.

Animating the gun to "bob"
The bake took a fair amount of time, so while that was taking place, I had a look at quixel, ready to place the materials that I wanted onto the model. Once it was baked, I then moved on and placed the low poly, along with the freshly baked AO map and the Normal map from the high poly. 

I gathered the textures and using the colour ID, created textures to map my gun look more unique, compared to the last one that I had constructed, which only had a base texture on it. The textures also looked a lot better as I had a while remapping it, getting it to look better.

Placing the gun as a Prefab
Once the maps were generated and I had the model, I opened Unity and created a prefab of the model. The model was then placed in the scene, along with the materials that I had constructed in Quixel. I decided that an animation would help finish off the scene, so I managed to animate the gun to bob up and down.

I was very much happy with the result that I got, It was a vast improvement upon the last project and again, I learned a lot just coming back to it and correcting my mistakes from the last time.

The Gun in Unity


No comments:

Post a Comment