Tuesday 13 January 2015

Life Drawing - Lesson 8

This session began with quick poses so we could capture the body, each consisting of 3 minutes.

The last 3 minute drawing, here I could not finish a basic shape in time as I failed to maintain the depth of the body.

Our first 15 minute drawing today,  I struggled a bit when it came to the legs but could easily see the shadows on the body where the light was not hitting, something that had always become a bit of a struggle to me.

I managed to get the body shape true on this picture, only problem being that I overcompensated when it came to the lighting and put way more on their than was necessary.

In these 15 minutes, we got given the chance to experiment with different techniques to draw the model. Using different shades of these cross hatch marks, I managed to get an interesting result.

For the last result, I wanted to add a spin on to the drawing that I had just done,  so I used the same idea, but with wavy lines. The darker that I wanted the tone to be, the closer I put the lines and in the end, I was really happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment