Monday 13 October 2014

One Sheet for Game


I mentioned in one of my earlier posts "Submerged" about the idea of a one sheet. Well we had to make a one sheet for a game that we were actually going to make. We were told by Ewan a while back that we were going to be making a game with at least two minutes of game play. This meant that if we made a one sheet it would give a team a rough estimate of what the game I going to be and what it is going to consist of.

My game was going to start off as your character waking up in bed to discover that his wife and child are missing. While searching the house you see signs of a struggle, so your character goes over to the house opposite and the same thing happens there. You decide to follow the trail of destruction which leads you to a local fair ground. While searching the fair ground, you have to solve a variety of puzzles all the while gaining information as to whats in the tents. Then while skulking about, you overhear two of the circus acts talking of sacrificing your friend and family, you have to navigate your way through there and end up freeing everyone from their satanic cult.

My One Sheet.
Over the next week I had a think about if I really wanted to continue with this idea, I liked the concept behind it, the interesting story and so on, but for the winter project, we have to actually have this handed in. I don't think that I will be able to construct the house, let alone the details on the inside. I decided it was best if I made the concept a bit more simple and started a new idea.

In the end I had a vision of a game were you, the character have to escape this facility. The good thing about doing this is that most things in places like factories are similar, so for pipes for example, all I have to do is replicate them and charge the size, the I'm done.

I'm going to stick to the idea of you being a mechanic, working in a factory. while all the way on the other side, attempting to hear a problem with the heating system, the place starts to shake. The lights on the walls start to pop and the pipes on the walls end up releasing steam. The aim of the game is to get out of the facility. I haven't quite decided yet if I will include a timer, but if I do, I want the environment to play some part in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment