Thursday 30 October 2014

Perspective Drawing


We were set a task by Steve over the week to follow a couple of tutorials of how to draw perspective. The first one was of a room using one point perspective. I had never gotten close to perspective but was actually really looking forward to getting to grips with it.

This tutorial was actually pretty easy to follow, the person who was teaching us was fairly slow. Everything that he said to us seemed to make sense. Me, myself, found this tutorial to be fun. We started off at a single point. The point is located at the bottom right of the second picture frame. From that one point, we drew everything that you see. These includes the door frames, the table and the floor boards.

I do think that this is one of the best drawings I've done in a while, which doesn't say much really. I also managed to complete this drawing in such a short amount of time (15 minutes). If I were to spend more time on the first picture, I would add a lot more detail to it. Different plans that I had lined out for this include different colors for the rugs, background art and pictures in the frames.

My room drawing.
This is the second tutorial that we were told to do was copy a YouTube tutorial by Mark Crilley. It was him quickly sketching a one point perspective piece of his graphic novel. I actually found this one extremely difficult to follow. Mark was very quick at sketching his masterpiece, he would draw several lines and I would follow exactly, then would look at his work, then mine, then they would look completely difficult. It really started to frustrate me.

There were many times throughout this task were I had to improvise. This was because Mark had skipped ahead so I had to end up filling the blanks.
"Lost world" drawing.
Now that it is finished, it is very impressive. The only problem that I have with it is that, to me, it looks too messy, no way near as good as the final product. I suppose this is a way to get me learning, to find the faults in my work and find act upon them appropriately.

No comments:

Post a Comment