Friday 31 October 2014

Texturing a Zombie


Today we had a rather fun activity (not that they all aren't fun) and create a walking zombie in Unity, designed by ourselves, just to get us into the Halloween spirit for this week.

We first started off with a texture map of this woman. Its like she had been folded out of her skin and clothes, they were just lying there, on a square, colored in and ready to use for on a model.

The skin and clothes being pulled apart.
The original woman walking about on Maya.
As you can see, this freaky piece is what we were given. We were then told that using a variety of different methods, we can change her clothes and the colors of them. So that's what we did. Using my fairly wide knowledge of Photoshop, I set about changing the color of her jumper.

We were then instructed to go onto the internet and find a well lit face. We would use what we had learnt to place an image straight over the one that we already had.

Not finished here, we had to then make this woman seem like a zombie. Using different skills that we had learnt the past couple of weeks, I had decided to make her skin grey, like the blood had been sucked out, I also gave her grey eyes, with no color and blood splatters all over here jacket. Another feature that I had created was the blood on the face, such as scratches and nose bleeds.


"Zombie girl"
The zombie girl walking around on Maya.
I really did enjoy this project and had a lot of fun. It was good to see that the skills that I had learnt in the course are starting to settle in. If I had a lot more time in the lesson, I would go about, using the same technique that I had used for the face and create cracked skin and more blood gushing out. I will say though that I am most proud of the way that the face has turned out and how it has merged with its new body almost perfectly. It feels like I am advancing more and I have to keep this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment