Monday 13 October 2014

Our First Try on Unity


As Ewan Armstrong's part of the course, we will be learning Unity deeply. Unity is a game engine, where most independent game developers will make the games. This isn't the only game engine, with many others such as Unreal and Aleph One. These are just several out of hundreds of things that you can create games with.

The reason that we will be using Unity is because on it you can create almost a limitless amount of different games, from their looks to the styles of what it is going to be. Another reason that it is used is because that it supports any platform available. This includes next Gen like the Xbox One or PlayStation 4. We were told that the community are very helpful if you have any problems, so just ask them if you are stuck.

When we loaded up Unity I was faced with a daunting task, This would be my baby over the next 3 years. This is what I will be using to make video games.

After Ewan had shown us the basics of what Unity was, it was time to start some experimentation.

My Unity experimentation.
This sort of level has all been made in Unity and is playable. This also might add to my winter project unless I decided to start from scratch. In this level, I have managed to create mist, trees and a doorway. I have also added some stairs which give the play a different sense of atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment