Monday 13 October 2014

Star Wars Death Star Turret on Maya


In a lesson with Robin Ledger, we had to firstly show him our fish tutorials,  once he had recognized what we had achieved, he knew we all had a basic understanding of Maya. From this point he gave us a file to open up. Once we opened it we were all mystified. I recognized that turret anywhere. It was the one off The Death Star in Star Wars. It then hit me, this is what we will be creating. My heart filled with joy as we set up our scenes, Star Wars in general contain a large amount of my favorite movies and I was extremely excited by the prospect of getting to make a part of it in its full 3D form.

This lesson was more of a do it yourself lesson than Robin teaching us. He was there if we needed him but this task was extremely independent.

Step 1.
Step 2.
Step 3.
Step 4.
Step 5.
Step 6.

Everything that you see before you was done entirely by me without any assistance. I think I am starting to get to grips with the program. I also feel that doing the fish tutorial before I started this was a great way to practice.

I am very happy with the end result and I'm looking forward starting to texture the turret. 

End result.

No comments:

Post a Comment