Tuesday 14 October 2014

Tools in Maya


We were given a task from Robin to compete several activities that were ready for us to start on Lynda.com. I remember back a few weeks ago we were given another task on Lynda.com to create a fish. I was very happy with what I ended up with so I'm looking forward to having this again.

To be honest, straight from the get go I found this task a lot easier to do than the fish. The guy that was presenting the lesson was a lot more clearer than the previous person. He seemed more laid back, like he was willing to stop for us to learn. We started off by creating the hammer.

This hammer was unbelievably easy, I was actually shocked with how quick it came out. The realism of the finished hammer as well was something that surprised me dearly. I then went onto the pipe, this as well, along with the direction of the tutor, made a very realistic looking pipe. I followed the tutorial exactly how they had showed us, but there was one massive problem, there was a side which was not shown in the tutorial, leaving the student to solve the problem. I tried my hardest but a lot of that was improvised and I wasn't too happy with the final result. The straight part of the pry bar wasnt good enough in my opinion and needs some follow up work on it.

My finished hammer.
The pry-bar was a lot harder than the hammer. I followed the tutorial, exactly everything was told and up to that point it went well. That was until we had to use the tutorial to replicate the edge on the other side. For some reason, every time I attempted to extrude that face, the edges were apart. This was even after "keep faces together" had been selected. After many different attempts at improvisations, I felt that I needed help, without the tutorial, so I decided to pack it in for the night.
The pry-bar.


No comments:

Post a Comment